These Veggie Wraps Are Mung Bean Broth's Perfect Pairing
Not only are these veggie wraps a delicious and healthy meal option, but the addition of mung bean broth provides a flavourful and nutrient-packed pairing. Mung bean broth is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and can help improve digestion, making it a great addition to any meal.
- 1 large tortilla wrap
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the tortilla wrap more malleable, warm it in a pan or the microwave.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, red onion, diced tomatoes, and avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allowing some space around the edges, distribute the mixture over the wrap evenly.
- The top of the mixture should be covered with cheddar cheese and lettuce shreds.
- On top of the cheese, drizzle the salsa and sour cream.
- Before rolling it tightly from the bottom up, fold the sides of the wrap over the filling.
- The wrap should be split in half and served with a large cup of moong pani or khichari.
The fresh and flavorful ingredients in this vegetarian wrap go perfectly with the savoury, warming flavours of moong pani or khichari. The Moong Pani or Khichari adds a savoury and hearty element to the meal, while the wrap offers a satisfying crunch and a variety of textures. The wrap's high protein and fibre content also makes it a fantastic vegetarian choice for balancing the nutritional content of the Moong Pani or Khichari. The two ingredients combined produce a delicious and balanced meal that is ideal for any time of day!